Saturday, October 17, 2009

Equality news

"Toys 'R' Us Scolded for Gender Discrimination" Dutch 6th graders protested a catalog spread that showed strongly defined gender roles. Best quote: "Classmate Moa Averin emphasized the importance of children being able to be who they want even if 'guys want to be princesses sometimes'." Children are more effected (and offended) by these stereotypes than you'd think.

"20 best signs at the Equality March"
I like the one that says "married 4 years longer than Brittany Spears."

California gay rights bill signed Thanks for honoring Harvey Milk, but I'd rather honor him by getting rid of Prop 8 please!

A judge refused to dismiss a suit challenging the gay marriage ban, and is forcing the lawyers to come up with proof that gay marriage poses a threat to traditional marriage. Amazing! I've been wondering where this proof is for years and finally someone is asking for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment